The Community Navigator, provides support, advocacy and navigation services to youth (16-24 year old). Assists in connecting to community resources related to housing and other resource needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent education, training, or experience.
- Organizational skills and ability to meet time deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including active listening skills.
- Comfortable with paperwork and people-work; ability to easily transition between clerical tasks and working with people.
- Skillful using Information Technology and comfortable with; Zoom, Google Suite, Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with cell phones and social media platforms.
- Experience working with individuals and families from diverse backgrounds and cultures
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass State background/fingerprint clearance.
Current opening includes:
- Full Time benefited position
- Benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, PTO
Salary Range: $18.00-$24.00 an hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
Please forward a resume and an application (available here) to:
3948 Ben Walters Lane
Homer, AK 99835
Different positions have different requirements, so please make sure you meet the necessary requirements and are able to provide the appropriate documentation/licensure for the position applied.
SPBHS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Applications will be kept on file in the Human Resources office for two years.