We are looking for an IPS Employment Specialist. IPS (Individual Placement and Support), is a Supported Employment grant program. This position assists clients to obtain and maintain competitive employment.
- Carries out services for Placement and Support by assisting individuals to obtain and maintain competitive employment that is consistent with their vocational goals.
- Conducts job development and job search activities.
- Provides individualized follow-along support to assist in maintaining employment.
- Provides education and support to employers, which may include negotiating job accommodations.
- Writes job support plans with clients, incorporating input from the mental health team.
- Spends 65% or more of scheduled work hours in the community.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass State background/fingerprint clearance.
- Experience in human/social services/ Preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with paperwork and people-work; ability to easily transition between clerical tasks and working with people.
Current opening includes:
- 30-40 hour per week, benefited position
- Benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, PTO
Salary Range: $16.00-$22.00 an hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
Please forward a resume and an application (available here) to:
3948 Ben Walters Lane
Homer, AK 99835
Different positions have different requirements, so please make sure you meet the necessary requirements and are able to provide the appropriate documentation/licensure for the position applied.
SPBHS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Applications will be kept on file in the Human Resources office for two years.