Direct Service Provider/ Child &Family
We are looking for Direct Service Professionals (DSPs) to provide services for our Child & Family Services Team. Our DSPs work as part of the SPBHS service team and provide direct services/supports teaching social, emotional, and life skills to promote the wellness and community participation of our clients. Our clients range in ages five to 21 and we work closely with families. The services are based on client-centered service plans that define the goals and interventions and are provided in the community, including schools and the SPBHS campus. Training is provided.
- Work with youth in a school based or community based setting on behavioral/emotional goals & objectives
- Take notes regarding progress towards skills building.
- Help facilitate skills based groups in the community
- Promote a positive learning environment.
- Report progress to the team and suggest strategies how to improve interventions to make progress in the future.
- Attend regular trainings in an effort to provide interventions that are effective and reflect best practices
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Preference given to applicants holding a valid Alaska Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete a criminal background check.
- Must be comfortable completing documentation using computer based systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good judgment, reliability and efficiency.
- Ability to interact with individuals with mental health and or developmental disabilities.
Current opening includes:
- 30-40 hour per week, benefited position
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, PTO
Salary Range: $15 -$19 an hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
Please forward a resume and an application (available here) to:
3948 Ben Walters Lane
Homer, AK 99835
Different positions have different requirements, so please make sure you meet the necessary requirements and are able to provide the appropriate documentation/licensure for the position applied.
SPBHS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Applications will be kept on file in the Human Resources office for two years.