A Peer Support Person is someone with real life experience with disabilities, mental illness or substance abuse. To work with individuals participating in mental health services. to help them develop identified life skills and accomplish goals outlined in a service plan. Facilitates peer groups and delivers program services related to skill development in home, school, and in community based settings.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Preference given to applicants holding a valid Alaska Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete a criminal background check.
- Lived experience with mental health and/or substance abuse issues for self or family.
- Organizational skills and ability to meet time deadlines.
- Must be comfortable completing documentation using computer based systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good judgment, reliability and efficiency.
- Ability to interact with individuals with mental health and or developmental disabilities.
Salary Range: $14.00-$19.00 an hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
Please forward a resume and an application (available here) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3948 Ben Walters Lane
Homer, AK 99835
Different positions have different requirements, so please make sure you meet the necessary requirements and are able to provide the appropriate documentation/licensure for the position applied.
SPBHS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Applications will be kept on file in the Human Resources office for two years.